The State Council of the All Kerala Private College Teachers’ Association met at Kochi on the 11 th of July 1976 resolved to create a Welfare Trust to be administered by the Board of Trustees. The deed of the trust was made on January 8, 1977 by the AKPCTA.
The Board of Trustees shall consist of 9 members.
(a) Six members nominated by State Working Committee of Association, from among its members
(b) Three Ex-Officio members viz., the President, The General Secretary and the Treasurer of the AKPCTA.
The President of AKPCTA shall be the ex-officio Chairman and the General Secretary of the AKPCTA shall be the ex-officio Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
- Any teacher who is a member of the Association and who had subscribed to the fund; or
- Dependents of a teacher who was a member of the Association and who had been a subscriber to the fund.
Subscription means the contribution of a sum of not less than Rs. 100/- to be paid to the Trust Fund by the these teachers in the private affiliated colleges in the Kerala State for becoming eligible to be considered a beneficiary. The subscription shall be paid in one lump or in four equal installments with in a period of six months together with an admission fee of Rs. 5/- which shall be paid along the first installment if payment is made in installments.
- Financial assistance given to a teacher in the event of permanent disablement or other unforeseen eventualities by which he/she ceases to continue his/her vocation as a teacher which shall not be less than Rs. 10000/-
- Financial assistance given to the dependants of a teacher in the event of his/her death which shall not be less than Rs. 10000/-
- Financial assistance given to the teacher in the event of his/her retirement on superannuation which shall not be less than Rs. 100/-
State Office Bearers and Dr. A P Kuttykrishnan, Sir Syed College, Taliparamba